[!] The blog has moved [!]

The blog has moved to http://carlitoscontraptions.com/.

You will be redirected to the new URL in 5 s. Sorry for the inconvenience.

February 18, 2007

LCD Display

I got a brand new LCD display for free from the guys at uC Hobby (their website has many nice projects).

It is a Samsung 0202A (see more details here). It is a very nice piece of equipment and I hoe I'll be able to put it to good use

I'll learn how to use it and I'll come up with some project for it soon enough (hopefully). Meanwhile, I'm open to any project ideas.

2 comments:

Logical guy said...

It was nice that he was giving away those displays, and you got one. If I was making a project using one of these, I'd start off simple, perhaps a clock with temperature (both current and min/max).

Carlos said...

Nice having you back logical guy!
Yup, you're right, I'll start up easy (since I know near to nothing about controlling LCDs). I think I'll interface the LCD to my computer and get something running (like a clock or the computer stats). Then I'll move to a standalone display by using a PIC.